Thank you for your message!

Oh no! There was an error. Please try again.

On Being Boring

I moved from London to Brussels with my husband nearly 10 years ago. When I told people we were moving, the news was greeted with bemusement: why did we want to move to a city that was possibly the most boring place on earth? Ten years later and I can honestly say that I've had more fun here than I ever did living in London. It might not be the most exciting city in the world but it is a fantastic place to live. It is full of hidden treasures that you probably never get to see as a tourist: wonderful shops, amazing food, great museums and galleries, beautiful architecture, a forest (yes, a whole forest), and so much more... And if that doesn't convince you, well, get on a train and you could be in Paris, Amsterdam, Cologne or, yes, London in no more than a couple of hours... Which other city can you say that about?

Little Bits of America – Part 1

About 95% of my pictures are of people. Two (little) people in particular. Of the remaining 5%, 4% are of flowers, leaves, berries and the like, and 1% are of “other things”. I do occasionally share some of the nature stuff but I very very rarely share my “other things”. I always intend do, but then I lose confidence and just leave them in my unedited folder. So here’s me being brave and sharing two pictures that do not involve people. There may be a few others from our recent travels. Or this “Part 1” may turn out to be the only part. Only time will tell.On the left: palm trees in the courtyard of our hotel in San Francisco. They are lit at night by tasteful strings of coloured lights. And there is a huge hammock strung between them. That is one of the main reasons we went back to this hotel: Amélie wanted to play in the hammock. That and the free cookies. And the pool. And the family suite which comes with toys. Yes we are fans. On the right: donuts. This was taken at around 6am. The early morning sun was bathing the street in beautiful golden sun. Except for this place which seemed to be stubbornly hiding in the shade. But I loved the sign too much not to grab a shot anyway. We never did buy any of their donuts (we were saving our tastebuds for Portland) so, obviously, we’ll have to go back.

3 May 2014 - 10:33 PM ralph - I love your other things. And your little people of course, but these are wonderful Cass. So quiet. I bet they bring you right back to that moment. xo

26 May 2014 - 8:18 AM annie - big fan of your "other things" as well. BIG fan. will you be mad if i try to recreate these scenes (but probably actually devour the donut shop!) so i can feel like we're experiencing things together? ;)

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

*

*